Monday, March 13, 2006

Blog Reflection 6 (Part 1)

Try as I might, I could not really find NEW USEFUL tools/pedagogies. I have been googling the past few days with the following keywords:
1. emerging+technologies
2. new+educational+technologies
3. educational+software
4. new+educational+software
5. emerging+from+purgatory *okay, okay, this one I did not use*

And then I went to our library at the 5th level, hoping to find a book (which I think is still hiding somewhere) which will reveal emerging technologies which would be good for teaching and learning and only managed to find this by Hilve Firek, titled "10 easy ways to use technology in the English classroom". It is NOT "10 new ways to use technology in the English classroom". Perhaps I should write a book like that (but then I could not even find one new technology).

CONCLUSION: The emerging technology is still hibernating. It will only emerge when we are not really looking out for it. Kind of like babies, they will pop out when you least expect it (okay, okay, bad analogy :)

So after some struggle, I decided I will re-look at what kind of technologies we have now and how they might be used in a different way. Thus, when I finish the book I have borrowed, I will update you again.

In the meantime, if you did manage to capture an emerging technology, keep me in the loop yah? (^_^)p

No comments: