Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 2 in San Francisco

Whoa! Here I am, 4.21am in the morning composing this post, having slept for close to 5 hours in S.F time. Feeling much more rested ;p Which means I will have to re-adjust back to Singapore time when I return ;p
Anyway, recap of what happened yesterday. We woke up in the morning at about 8am to go for breakfast at McDonalds. Had their deluxe breakfast which is basically Big Breakfast with 2 pieces of hotcakes. Filling but quite good. Guess fast food is always good, even though they clog your arteries :(

I then explored and walked around a little and took a few photographs. Tough luck as the weather was a little drizzly. But I caught this view of the Bayview Bridge from afar. Really more impressive up close but well, later.
The weather was really cold but we met up with 2 CPDD colleagues and we took a trip across the Bayview Bridge to 3 Union Schools. Stephen, Rhonda and Bonnie assisted us and brought us around. Asked Hwee Peng to take this picture of me in this beautiful school (Guy Emauele, Jr. Elementary School) with a beautiful view! I joked it would be nice to work here (maybe not so much a joke :) We visited this school after Searle Elementary School. Then we had lucnh and went to Alvarado Middle School and saw the pupils in action. Actually much more occurred between the visits but it is taking me such a long time to download photos, I am losing interest T_T

Then we came back to San Francisco (and I fell asleep in the car) and Hwee Peng and I went out for dinner (and had a great one because it was quite value for money). Then we took a streetcar Line F to Fisherman's Wharf and it was freezing cold. I regretted not listening to Hwee Peng and bought gloves and a scarf! Okay, Hwee Peng, I should have ;p And we saw this place which sells millions of fridge magnets. This would be a haven for May ;)
Okay, more tomorrow ;p

No comments: