Monday, February 27, 2006

Fever (not a metaphor)

Ephraim came down (why is the phrasal verb called "came down" when his temperature actually went up? someone, anyone can explain this to me???!!!) with a fever after his vaccination last Saturday. He took the 5 in 1 (which was supposed to have decreased fever symptoms and cost so much more and why didn't it work????) jab for DPT and 2 other diseases (I have forgotten what they are obviously).

He was okay after his jab (and may I add he was so brave. The needle went into his right thigh and he yelled in pain but once I brought him to my chest, he stopped crying. SO BRAVE YOU ARE PICKLES! *in case you are wondering, "pickles" is the nickname we gave Ephraim because he smells like that towards the evening...hahaha*

Of course my wife and I then dropped him off (yet again another phrasal verb that doesn't make sense!!!) at my parents' place so that we could go and have some alone-time (NOT THAT KIND OF THING YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT!!! TSK TSK TSK!!!) and shop at NTUC Fairprice! *SO PATHETIC RIGHT!*

We brought him back around 7pm and I noticed immediately he was hotter than usual! My radar went off (argh, perhaps I should stop using phrasal verbs) and I took his temperature, which went up steadily!!! We got worried because this was the first time my baby boy is feverish!!! *I of course did not feel like doing any work as a result, not an excuse but our pickles was not feeling well* He became very drowsy and did not even wake when we were sponging him down (argh!)

That night we slept in the living room where the sarong is and monitored his temperature (my wife did most of the work. I was just too conked out after our yoga lesson). I took over from 5am onwards.

Finally, this morning before we left, we think his temperature is back to his pre-vaccination one and I kissed him on the cheeks, forehead and lips before I set off (argh!) HAPPILY for work :)

No comments: