Thursday, June 29, 2006

Blog Reflection 7

Frankly speaking, I am a little overdue but well, better late than never.

What are some of the strategies we can use to conduct our workshops?

I have just recently borrowed this book from TN entitled The ASTD Trainer's Sourcebook (Creativity and Innovation) (by Elaine Biech). It is a handbook on how to conduct workshops on creativity and innovation (one initiative MOE is greatly supportive of) :)

What I found interesting in this book is that the climate that supports creativity during workshops (especially the kind like ours where teachers have to develop their own resources) should be OPENED:
O - open-minded (we allow teachers to explore all possibilities)
P - perceptive (we should be professional and see things from their perspective)
E - equal (no one is better than the other)
N - nurturing (I suppose this means we should provide on-going support rather than touch and go)
E - encouraging (need I explain more?)
D - descriptive (communication is important to delineate objectives or provide feedback)


I will try to bear that in mind when I develop the workshop on audioblogging. Wish me luck! (^_^)p

No comments: